Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lisa Frank Nails

One of my Favorite nail designs was one i saw in a Youtube tutorial. Lisa Frank inspired, rainbow and leopard. Now the way it is done in the video, its just stripes of colors right next to each other than a leopard stamp over it. Easy enough right? I decided to turn it up a notch. I recently found a love for using a sponge to paint on my polish. Its messy, but so gorgeous the way it turns out. PLUS it dries much faster. :) 
ANYWHO...
So I went from turning this manicure into a masterpiece. Instead of only some rainbow colors, I used all of them. ROY G BIV playas! Well ok only Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple. Close enough. I went through each color and sponging on each, blending them together. I tried using neons.. 
Pink first.
Then orange. 
Yellow!
And green.
Of course blue.
Beautiful purple.
Heres what it turned out to be with the neons...
I didnt really like it, so I started over with shimmery colors. 
I loved the colors way more. so i kept it and added the leopard print with just black. 
Gosh it looks great. Doesnt it?
Now before the cleanup it looked like this. Looks pretty much like a 5 year old did it. lol 
So some polish remover and scrubbing, it looked much better.
You see!!! You can obviously see why its my favorite. Well one of my favorites. I will gladly show you more of them later in my blogging journey. 
Tune in next time for another nail masterpiece. :)

Much Love,
Nikki P

No comments: